The Functional Safety Engineer (FSE), is a role within the project systems engineering core team. You will be responsible for all safety related work products and support feature requirement decomposition and execution throughout the project lifecycle. You will work closely with Functional Safety Managers (FSM), requirements, architecture and test engineers to ensure all activities of the safety plan are performed, on the assigned project.
- Lead safety related technical activities, within the company and as a primary customer interface.
- Plan the project safety activities
- Review or support the HARA and functional / technical safety concept as required.
- Perform design analysis to support the safety case development
- Contribute to feature requirement development and provide functional safety guidance on feature definition.
- Support safety requirement decomposition, through system architecture to component design.
- Support reviews of project artifacts (requirements, architecture and design documents)
- Ensure internal process deliverables are being met in accordance with ISO26262
- Support hardware, software and system development teams
- Support new tool qualification requirements as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical (or similar)
- Over 5 years of experience within the automotive/aviation/transport industry working as a functional safety engineer
- Experience working within a cross-functional team
- Proven knowledge of ISO 26262
- Experience working within an ASPICE based system development process framework
- Experience delivering a complete project with ASIL C (or greater) functional safety (ISO26262) requirements.
- Propulsion or electric motor systems experience.
- Experience working with task-based tools eg. JIRA, IBM RTC.
- Experience with formal safety analysis tools eg. Medini Analyze.