Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
We also feel that it’s essential to point out the self-evident here – there’s a genuine lack of diversity in our industry, which has to change. One of our goals is to help drive that change. Grid.ai is fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion, and we embrace how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
What we're looking for
You are a senior or staff-level fullstack engineer with experience building complex systems or developer tools using React and Redux on the frontend and Go on the backend. You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment with a focus on speed, quality, and iteration from proof of concept to release.
You will join the Application team, work alongside Karolis (our Tech Lead), Alec, Rick, and Sherin, and report to Noha, our Senior Engineering Manager. This team is responsible for delivering the functionality of the Grid product to users, from the Frontend, CLI, and API, to billing, security, and integrations. Cross-team collaboration is very important to us, so you will also work on data models and microservices with Neven, Filinto, and Tim on the Platform team.
This is an opportunity to create groundbreaking technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem!
What you’ll do
- Write readable/testable/efficient code in React, Redux, and Go.
- Master our technology stack to deliver new features, improve system stability, and increase overall performance.
- Partner with engineering and product leaders on developing the Grid product while using your experience to set the technical direction for large projects.
- Evaluate, strengthen, and document technical architecture, tools, and processes.
- Champion software quality, implement automation, drive continuous delivery, and reduce time to production while proactively reducing technical debt.
- Mentor and coach engineers on system design, operating in high uncertainty, and problem-solving to create a supportive, inclusive environment in which each engineer can grow.
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset, but give you insight into our company.
- Introduction- 30 minutes: You will speak with Scott, our Recruiter, about your background and what you are looking for in your next role. Scott will share some information with you about our team and the projects you will be involved in. If both parties decide that there is a match, we will proceed with a technical interview.
- Coding - 45 minutes: The first interview will be a coding interview with one of our senior software engineers. We will provide a study guide for the interview, along with instructions on interview logistics and how to use CoderPad, a collaborative platform for coding interviews.
- Technical Interviews - 3 sessions at 45 minutes each: These interviews will cover your domain expertise and systems design. During this stage, you will meet our CEO, VP of Engineering, and one of the engineers on the Application team.
- Culture Chat - 30 minutes: You will meet your future manager, Noha Alon, to chat about the team, working at a startup, Ethics in AI, our values, and how our technology can be used to create a positive impact.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview. At this point, we will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of offer acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options.
- Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- $25,000 life and AD&D insurance, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $750 1-time home office build out
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to a local co-working space (upon request)