Position Purpose: The Web Senior Developer is a member of the product development team who takes responsibility for implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices in an agile development environment. This will include coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in the system. The candidate will also be expected to provide technical leadership, architectural support, documentation, and overall solution design support.
- Follow our software development practices and methodologies
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, including Story Pointing, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives
- Estimate time and effort by defining and planning development tasks
- Create and execute unit test cases
- Write code consistent with defined technology stack and standards
- Facilitates and assists in design sessions
- Technical mentor for other software developers
- May act as a technical lead on some projects
- 7+ years of dedicated work with C# .Net
- 3+ years working with .Net Core
- 2+ years working with a prototyping tool such as Sketch or Invision
- 4+ years of ASP.Net Web API
- 4+ years working with Cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS.
- 2+ years working in micro-service architectures using containers
- 4+ years relational database development and architecture with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.
- 2+ years using NoSQL database technologies
- 2+ years of professional experience with ORM technologies, such as Entity Framework, NHibernate, Dapper, etc.
- 2+ years working with real-time messaging technologies such as LightStreamer or SignalR
- 3+ years of real-time messaging architectures
- Have a strong understanding of multi-threaded applications
- Have a passion for trading applications and architectures
- 2+ years of professional experience participating in a Scrum development environment
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming is required.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to remain flexible during times of change and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly, efficiently and positively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to influence colleagues and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under time constraints as necessary.
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Ideal candidate will have the following additional experience
- Experience with CI/CD via Azure DevOps
- Financial Services experience using charting technologies like TradingView with exchange market data providers
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Blazer, Swift, Objective C, Kotlin, Microsoft Azure, Message queue-based designs/implementations, Git, SSIS. ASP.Net Web API, Firebase, Plaid, Twilio
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Minimal physical requirements other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Travel as required