As scientific and engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under represented groups are strongly encouraged.
You Are a Great Fit If:
- You have experience building mission-critical, reliable, and performant systems.
- You enjoy leading a high-level architecture discussion one moment, and then translating that discussion into reliable production code the next.
- You prize the quality of the software that you write. You rigorously test and document software intended for production use, follow common language conventions and well-known patterns, and rely heavily on automation for testing and deployment.
- You know how to design an API to avoid breaking changes, and how to migrate clients when it can’t be avoided.
- You are knowledgeable about non-trivial parts of service design, such as distributed authorization, error handling, pagination, and versioning.
- You are versed in best practices for tracing, monitoring, and logging for distributed services.
- You work independently and are comfortable leading the design and implementation of a software package or service from high-level requirements.
- Fluency in all or most of Golang, Python, React, and SQL
- Deep experience building and maintaining schema-driven, widely accessible web APIs (OpenAPI, GraphQL, gRPC/Protobuf)
- Experience building and maintaining client-side SDKs and/or web frontend applications
- Experience architecting, building, and deploying microservice architectures
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience with deploying in Kubernetes and/or service mesh architectures
- Experience with streaming systems (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience in programming language and/or compiler development
- Academic background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- Knowledge of quantum computing and applications