This role will report to an Engineering Manager heading up one of the agile teams responsible for building and supporting this new part of the platform. This is an exciting opportunity to help be a part of supporting Peloton’s ambitious goal of reaching 100 million members by increasing reach to prospective members and expanding access to Peloton’s premium product line while delivering a best-in class member experience. You will be joining a team that puts intentional focus on work / life harmony and professional growth while maintaining a high bar for results and consistently reaching for meaningful impact through its products and software.
- Contribute to a new platform that manages member acquisition channels utilizing eligibility data and verification, participation management, benefit subsidies, and engagement reporting. This platform uses a service-oriented architecture and over time will continue to move towards an evented and distributed design.
- Support integration of this platform into Peloton’s larger engineering platform and IT systems to enable consistent and feature-rich member experiences along with standardized and efficient internal processes and operations.
- Build frontend applications and backend services utilizing a mix of technologies including: Python / Django, TypeScript / React, GraphQL / Apollo, Node.js
- Direct your focus toward technologies and functional disciplines that support business velocity, product excellence, and engineering robustness.
- Deliver code with a strong discipline and commitment to testing and test-driven development.
- Meticulously document your knowledge in the form of design documents, Jira stories, Confluence pages, and Lucid Diagrams. These will be thoughtfully produced upstream of writing code and their revisions will be efficiently managed throughout the SDLC, ensuring there is both strong evidence in support of change management and clear and accurate artifacts in support of team posterity and source of truth.
- Work with a highly collaborative, remote team of engineers who are avid practitioners of pair & mob-programming practices while also being capable of producing results independently, in the right situations, and with the requisite visibility and communication.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambitious, iterative, and collaborative environment.
- An excellent communicator across written, verbal, and visual mediums.
- Productive and comfortable working in both remote and in-person settings with experience collaborating with team members working in either context.
- Organized, disciplined, and focused.
- Empathetic, patient, and kind but intentionally candid and direct.
- Continuously improving and not afraid to identify and strengthen your weaknesses.
- Keen to act like an owner in how you approach finding solutions, building consensus, and creating business results.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience with Python, Node.js, GraphQL, Kubernetes, AWS, Redshift, Redis, and SQS.
- Passion for business results and customer excellence.
- Commitment to building flexible solutions that are tolerant to change.
- Mental fortitude to stay focused and diligent in the face of challenge and courage to pivot from the plan when new information or strategies present a better path toward achieving the objective.
- Intention and courage for managing boundaries and expectations such that you can operate as a high performer without overextending or burning out.
- Good intuition on how to manage your priorities around what is essential, actionable, and impactful.
- Desire to dog-food our own software and engage with the Peloton brand and product line.