The Model Risk Oversight (MRO) team within Corporate Risk Management is responsible for identifying and managing model risk at the company. The MRO Research and Development Team uses wide range cutting-edge technologies to develop highly sophisticated software solutions that revolutionize model risk management.
We are looking for a senior full stack software development engineer to join highly engaged, driven, and innovative team at Schwab. We build highly sophisticated software solutions leveraging a wide range of technologies. The role requires 70% of coding, testing, and documenting, and 30% of analysis, design, and presentations to key stakeholders.
What you are good at
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, as well as lead junior developers in a team effort:
- Create new features for our flagship product Migraph, which generates visual workflows to coordinate activities among users across organization, provides statistical and quantitative analysis using numerous data sources across Schwab, and manages Schwab’s model inventory and documentation.
- Develop business-specific knowledge and translate business requirements to detailed functional specifications for efficient, dependable, and reliable solutions. Drive business continuous improvement and closely collaborate with the peers, while maintaining client-focus.
- Design software solutions according to the established acceptance criteria and programming standards. Develop code to implement solutions in a manner that is straightforward, clear, and consistent with existing software modules and in compliance with the established Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Determine and address root causes of production issues in timely manner. Lead infrastructure related projects with Schwab IT departments, such as server migration, moving application and data to cloud environment.
- Contribute positively to the team by performing the work in a professional manner and making decisions that increase user satisfaction. Lead various implementation projects and mentor junior developers on the team, and strive for ongoing, continuous improvement in the software solutions.
The above list of responsibilities is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ year experience in the full stack software development using mainstream programming languages
- Solid understanding of software design patterns, software development concepts and methods, such as SDLC, CICD and Agile
- Solid experience with Atlassian software (Bitbucket, Jira, Bamboo) preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience or interest in learning principles of model risk management
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.