In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role entails the following and will work within Global Manufacturing organization. If you're looking for a challenging opportunity, working within a top-notch team and with diverse technology - this may be the position for you.
You will be in part responsible for developing scalable software solutions based on detailed business requirements and supported technology architecture.
- Actively engage in development activities associated with developing new solutions and refining current solutions.
- Mentoring & Coaching new and experienced software developers.
- Demonstrate success in software project delivery, experience driving technical efforts, and experience with a variety of development tools and technologies.
- Possess technical depth and applied experience in multi-layer solution development, performance tuning, solution debug, incident triage/remediation, and usability improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptive experience gaining technical situational depth quickly, quantifying impact assessment, triage & root causing activities, defining remediation options, and expressing declarative technical recommendations.
- Participate in an active role engaging team members and leaders.
- Engage to identify and remediate software opportunities related to code quality, security, framework development, and software usability refinement.
- Proficiency in build/release automation solutions.
- Demonstrated experience augmenting build/release automation solutions to include unit testing, code quality scanning, security scanning, and dependency management.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience creating and presenting solution proposals and strategic technical proposals.
- Expected to hold yourself and others accountable for demonstrating GM's values and cultural behaviors.
- You will need to model GM behaviors and actively contribute to building a winning culture.
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency in the following technology platforms/patterns:
Additional Job Description
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Full Stack Development, including UI, API, and Data layers.
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Experience working in an agile environment