Purpose of Job:
Senior Technologist for the Cash Prime Brokerage area within the Prime Services Technology group.
In this role, you will be assisting in the development of Scotiabank’s in-house applications. You will be working on our latest technology model (cloud based, automated testing and deployment model).
- Lead in the development and implementation of key technologies for the organization.
- Responsible for conducting tasks related to the development, operation, and maintenance of applications within the Prime Services space.
- Implement and support standard industry processes and best practices to ensure performance and quality of the systems.
- Apply leading edge principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments and assist in developing and implementing solutions to critical technical problems of importance to the organization's technical direction.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for managing Prime Brokerage Transaction Flow
- Work at all levels (client, web, server, database, OS) and contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle:
- Writing well designed/testable/efficient code, ensuring designs are in compliance with standards, coding proof of concept (POC) when required, performing code reviews and supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Preparation and production of detailed release documentation and support of Application Support team in investigating production issues.
- Candidate will work closely with key stakeholders including business analyst team for requirements, infrastructure teams (OS, DBAs, Security, Cloud) to provide full robust solutions and with the global development team to mentor/lead team members, manage workload (resource allocation), provide optimal design approach and ensure all components are developed, integrated and implemented successfully.
- Experience leading high performance teams working on complex technology initiatives, designing and developing methodologies/tools, working in a continuous delivery environment and having prior production support duties.
- Role requires BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 8+ years of proven hands-on experience as a full-stack developer
- Java (Java EE) and/or .NET
- Unix, Linux
- Developing DB components using ORACLE
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Source control and automatic deployment tools (Github, Bitbucket, Puppet, Jenkins etc..)
- DevOp models
- Cloud environment technology platforms
- Big Data
- Messaging (MQ, Kafka)
Requisition ID: 18541