About the role
Zillow Group, Agent Platform is looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to help make a huge impact on a small, focused and forward-thinking team. We’re looking for a senior engineer who will help mentor junior members of the team, work alongside other talented individuals and work closely with our stellar product, devops & design teams.
About the team
Our team is Premier Agent. Our mission is to make buying real estate easier by enabling better connections between consumers and real estate agents. With unmatched consumer reach to 140 million users across the largest Real Estate market in the US, you have an opportunity to make a huge difference.
Our teams work to connect, nurture, and enable communication between real estate agents and consumers looking at real estate on Zillow, Trulia, StreetEasy and RealEstate.com. We build the Premier Agent app: an agent-facing CRM on iOS, Android & Desktop.
We use a lot of AWS services, SOA, React/Redux and use infrastructure-as-code to deploy fast. Some of the features we work on include:
- Ensuring quality, routing & notifications of leads from all our consumer sites
- Building scalable communication systems
- Providing insights, task and contact management for agents
- Designing actionable business and team reporting for agents
Who you are
- You are comfortable working across front-end and back-end systems to build scalable, performant, fault-tolerant applications
- You are a strong mentor to junior engineers and enjoy lifting up the whole team
- You have solid experience building and integrating with REST APIs and SOA
- 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer
- 3+ years expertise in one or more server-side languages (PHP, Java, Python)
- You have a strong understanding of software development principles including design patterns & SOLID
- You have a real passion for writing clean and well-tested code
- You are a driven self-starter and you love working on a dynamic team
- You love to creatively solve challenging problems
- You are deeply familiar with React and Redux
- You are skilled with Webpack/JS build systems
- You are skilled with CI/CD, TDD and/or BDD
- You have experience working with AWS (SQS, SNS, etc)