At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
About the Job
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing team. Full Stack Engineers at Opal are creative self-starters who have the capability to drive the development of new products and initiatives, collaborating closely with Design, Product Management and Engineering to determine both what to build and how to build it. Working at the intersection of Product and Engineering, Full Stack Engineers play a vital role for their team in helping to scope projects and plan for the future.
- Drive the creation, shipping and maintenance of capabilities across the Opal Platform.
- Participate in the entire product creative process, including user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions and resulting implementation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience writing and developing front and back end web application architecture.
- A strong grasp of all stages of software development and team collaboration methods.
- Experience leading projects and/or acting as a technical lead on projects.
- Keen understanding of the needs of Opal users to help deliver the most valuable implementation of a capability.
- Deep understanding and educated opinion about web application architecture.
- Self-direction with a bias towards action, knowing how to effectively reach decisions and deliver value to users by getting software shipped.
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate your ideas to designers, engineers and product managers.
- Motivation for the journey of working at a growing and ambitious start-up.
- Natural alignment with Opal's Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate and Empathetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree required, or equivalent experience in a related field