$80K — $100K *
We're on a mission to 10x developers and their teams by building great developer tools that make collaboration and bringing software to market easy. Today the mandate is simple: make API's developer friendly
Optic's open source tools are watching the world's APIs, learning how they behave, and unlocking new workflows that help developers and their teams collaborate better.
Today we're building the Git / GitLab for APIs — open source tools that automatically document, test and track the evolution of the APIs we all depend on daily.
We're backed by Boldstart, YCombinator and the founders of many of the dev tools you use daily.
As Optic has grown, the need for functionality that enables large teams to collaborate has arisen. Joining now means that you would have a big impact on the direction of the project, and building the first commercial version of the tool.
You are product-minded in your approach to building software and you want to understand our users and their problems inside and out. You thrive in an environment where running and measuring experiments is the norm, and questioning everything is encouraged. Optic’s culture is collaborative, team-centric, low-ego and high EQ and because of that, we are not looking for a “lone wolf.”
If you want to build developer-friendly tools, are looking for a 100% remote team, and excited about the prospect of having much of your work open-sourced and attributed to your GitHub profile, we’d love to connect!
- You enjoy working on the full stack (or have the desire to learn) and you pick up new technologies quickly. We use React, Typescript and Rust today.
- You are strong in planning, designing and measuring the impact of new features and changes
- You understand (or have the desire to learn about) managing open source projects and their communities
- You are familiar with the principles of CQRS and/or building event-based systems
- You always ask “why” and take the initiative to rethink things that are not working
- You understand the importance of (and enjoy) working closely with users and customers and working in tight feedback cycles
- You have experience working on remote + async teams and managing your own schedule + deliverables
Valid through: 4/22/2021