Taplytics is growing and is looking to increase the team’s experience base by adding a Senior Full Stack Engineer with a backend focus. This is a chance to both be a leader on our small team as well as tackle the huge challenge of managing our scale. We operate using a microservice architecture with many services built using Node.js, React.js, and Python. Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including: MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch. We run at petabyte scale on AWS delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
What we’d like you to do:
- Collaborate with our team to design, build, and maintain our distributed high availability microservices
- Write elegant yet strong code that will be at the core of our offering
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment
- Embrace the challenges of dealing with building and maintaining servers and applications that power our client's applications
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously
- Optimize operations procedures and help get our deployments 100% automated
- Keep our services running by participating in a rotational on-call schedule
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- 5+ years software development experience
- High volume, high availability experience
- Experience deploying and maintaining continuous integration and deployment
- A deeply rooted love for testing and a handle on testing strategies
- Significant experience with server side development and deployment.