- Building the Reverb core Rails app and refactoring existing code to higher quality standards.
- Developing public facing and internal JSON APIs (we use Grape and Go to build these).
- Having a deep understanding of your chosen languages and frameworks, enough to understand and make tradeoffs.
- Participating in pairing sessions, code reviews, and researching things independently.
- Being more than an engineer - a product owner who wants to interact with customers, break down large problems, help set your own priorities, and follow up on the performance of your features to know how they impact customers directly.
- Professional experience with React, Ruby 2, Rails 4 and Postgres or other RDBMS.
- Experience with unit testing (whether TDD, BDD, or spike it first and test it later) and a desire to push everyone to do better.
- Great communication skills and the desire to collaborate across departments and with customers.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker - huge pluses.