Senior Member of Technical Staff - Full Stack Engineer – Platform Console UX Team
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Group (Seattle, WA)
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Brief Summary: We're the Platform Console UX Team. We're a group of enthusiastic engineers set on redefining the standard for how a cloud management console should look and feel. We use best-in-class open source as well as proprietary technologies that allow us to iterate and ship features fast. Engineering best practices are of uttermost importance to us. This enables us to hold a high bar for code quality while we operate in a highly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment across the world.
Description of the Role: As a college hire on the UX team, you'll be involved in all stages of product development. You'll be working with individuals from product development, design, documentation, engineering, and QA. You'll help develop and release new features, on-time, for Oracle's enterprise customers.
• Work with UX Designer and Program Manager to understand requirements.
• Implement features by following the designer's redlines in a cross-browser responsive way.
• Participate in daily stand-ups as well as sprint retrospectives; raise awareness on the status of the project.
• Write a test plan for the new feature that's under development.
• Write unit tests for new UX components that meet the code coverage threshold.
• Code review other developers' code.
• Improve engineering best practices in the team.
• Brainstorm ideas that improve the overall product.
• Degree level (BS/MS/PhD): Bachelor of Science
• Major(s): Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Tools, software, etc: Unix, Node, React and/or Redux
• Preferred coursework: Web Programming, Software Engineering and Introduction to Algorithms
• Other qualifications: The candidate must show passion for building web applications.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MSdegree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.