About the job.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will join the small but critical team that builds the platform that our advertisers, publishers, and internal AdOps team use as their hub for ad management.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and launch new capabilities to adapt to evolving business needs
- Be an active and engaged owner of the product and customer experience, collaborating effectively with Product Management, Ad Operations, Data Engineering, and other disciplines
- Maintain high standards of code quality, including tests and documentation, and encourage the same by providing constructive code reviews to collaborators
- Work closely with other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of new features
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various endpoints
- Provide architectural input when designing new features, both within your primary application, as well as to the overall backend platform, with an eye toward fault tolerance and low latency
- Triage and debug operational issues and outages
Who you are:
- A proactive problem solver — you are constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made
- A universal communicator — you are able to explain the most technical data to the least technical people without any confusion
- A practiced developer — you have a passion for following SOLID Design Principles and agile methodologies
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years of professional software development experience
- Working experience with Ruby on Rails building complex, public-facing Rails applications
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Experience writing and communication with backend services using RESTful APIs
- Experience using Git for version control
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as Angular.js or React preferred
- Background in the advertising industry with knowledge of major actors in the AdTech ecosystem (DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, RTB) preferred.