- Make high quality, thoughtful decisions to move our systems forward.
- Help implement high quality services.
- Disseminate information and train other engineers on best practices and techniques for high-quality front-end developments
- Contribute insights, share information, and train other engineers on best practices and techniques for high-quality front-end development
- Partner with engineering leadership to create a full-stack technology roadmap and deliver against it
- Help scale our systems and improve performance holistically
- Advocate for new and better ways we should develop, and discover and implement new best practices for the development organization
- Contribute back to the open source projects we rely on
- 5+ years of full-stack software developments.
- Good experience with backend architectures, service design and creating scalable patterns to match our growth. Expertise with python and Django is a big plus.
- Good Exposure to storage (SQL, noSQL databases) and caching (Memcache, Redis, other) technologies.
- You love clean code and robust design
- You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features, including writing your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing your teammates’ code
- Keen nose for bad code smells
- Motivated in learning and helping your team be successful
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities, and a results-oriented attitude