Senior Full-Stack Engineer
We are looking for a passionate technologist with a knack for delivery to join a team of engineers to build automated, cloud based environments and tools to support our Data Science and Quantitative Analyst communities. We are re-imagining how predictive models are delivered at Capital One, and we will not rest until Capital One is on the leading edge of how financial institutions rapidly build and progress predictive models from an idea to production execution.
On any given day, you will:
- Design and code full stack data products within our AWS environments
- Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Work directly with the Product Manager and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
Who You Are:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started Meetup groups or taught courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your team knows their priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear your failures as a badge of honor
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Improver. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve every piece of code you touch
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in working on the full SDLC
- At least 3 years of experience building applications in python
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems
- At least 1 year of experienceworking with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- At least 1 yearexperience with git version control
- 5+ years experience building applications in python
- 3+ years experienceworking with an object oriented or functional programming language (Java, Scala)
- 1+ years experienceworking with automated build and continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins, ansible, chef or puppet
- 1+ years experienceworking with Docker
- 1+ years experienceworking with a container management solution (ECS, DC/OS, Kubernetes)
- Micro services architecture (design and implementation)
- Familiar with RESTful web service framework
- 2+ years of experienceworking with Cloud platforms and services such as AWS
Job ID R37721