This position is an expert level software developer that makes high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. Additionally, this a technical position responsible for the development and maintenance of the Information Technology Business Systems for Trillium. This involves the development of web-based applications, User Interfaces (UI) and User Experience (UX), required documents, stored procedures, and input into long-range planning for the enhancement, upgrade or change in business systems. This position participates in the Agile flow and employee will be responsible for developing and maintaining Trillium business systems, as directed. This position will also design the overall architecture of the web application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, document, create, unit and system test, deploy and maintain browser-based business applications utilizing the Microsoft stack.
- Design User Interfaces for browser-based business applications
- Enhance/Support existing business applications
- Troubleshoot/Resolve application issues
- Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies
- Review project requests describing application user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish tasks.
- Develop reference and workflow documents for documentation purposes.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for the Agile Applications Manager, Director of Business Systems, and/or Chief Information Officer.
- Research and evaluate latest technology and tools as opportunities for innovation and development excellence.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Discovers and contributes to the development, implementation, and maintenance of business systems functional architecture, detail systems design, configuration, or program specifications to deliver IT system outcomes that meet user and organization needs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: 2 year degree required. Applicable certification(s) may be substituted to equivalent degree requirements. 2 year degrees require certification.
- Experience: Minimum 6 years' experience or equivalent of higher education or higher education/experience.
- License/Certification: Microsoft applications certifications MTA, MCSA, MCSD or equivalent certifications will be accepted.
- Experience in software application development, maintenance and execution of mission critical large scale system upgrades.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of ALM and SDLC principles and as well as an understanding of analysis of structured and unstructured data and of relational databases such as Microsoft SQL-Server.
- Must be a customer focused, determined leader who possesses strong facilitation, presentation, conflict management, problem solving and communications skills.
- Knowledge of TFS as platform to serve as master demand repository, workflow tool, source control/code promotion mechanics.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving among administrative & technical groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management.
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions.
- Ability to work unsupervised, set own priorities and adjust as needed