What you'll be doing...
As our Full Stack Developer, you will be designing, coding, deploying, and maintaining tools and services that are central to Verizon IT's major modernization programs. You will apply cloud, SaaS, and micro-service delivery models to automate IT policies, processes, and procedures as part of continuous delivery build, test, deployment, and maintenance stages. Continuous delivery will be managed according to agile principles (scrum/Kanban, devops, CI/CD) and will require constant analysis of new requirements and new service integrations to achieve desirable outcomes. A portion of the tools development time and responsibilities will be to build software-automated measures and metrics into the CI/CD, developer experience, and end-user experience in order to capture progress, usage, success/failure of the architecture initiatives listed above.
Examples include microservices & integrations needed to:
- Design, integrate governance code for innersourced software repos on Gitlab
- Detect Git repository data leakage (e.g., secret keys like SSNs or Oauth tokens, etc.).
- Codifying "decisions-as-code" in technology review processes.
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Visualizations of technology decisions for enterprise consumption.
- Integration with upstream and downstream data pipelines and their associated processes.
- Surfacing contextual information around decisions-as-code in GitLab (metrics).
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Trusted code review and maintenance for shared code repositories.
- Share/teach modern practices with the IT developer community.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Application development experience and proficiency with the following programming, scripting languages (in order of preference): Java, Node.JS, React or Angular (2+), Python, Scala, Go, Ruby, C/C++, YAML, Perl, bash.
- Experience with development using source code repositories - Github, GitLab, and/or Bitbucket.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment technologies such as: Bamboo, Cruise Control, Continuum, Jenkins CI, and Artifactory.
- Ability to drive strong testing practices (TDD/BDD, Test Automation, CI, Selenium, etc.) within test-driven development frameworks for application and infrastructure code.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift; Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience deploying microservices onto container platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, CloudFoundry, serverless (AWS Lambda, GCP), and virtual server instance-based solutions on AWS IaaS.
- Strong API-first mindset. Experience developing APIs, and experience with API Management platforms (ideally Apigee).
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- AWS Solutions Architect certification(s).
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Ability to manipulate process and extract value from large disconnected datasets.
- Knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience with telemetry solutions such as: DataDog, Sensu, Graphite, Influxdb.
- Experience with logging and reporting solutions such as: Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana (ELK), Grafana, or Splunk.
- Three or more years of experience deploying on Linux platforms in web-scale deployments.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with public speaking, presenting technical information across numerous delivery vehicles - remote, video, phone, in-person; to a diverse group of experienced technologists.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.