You’re a team player who will create value in any situation. You understand problem solving and have a passion for learning technologies that will enable us to produce excellent products. You will work in a team environment in the design and execution of high-traffic, mission-critical applications and websites. You’re a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve your skillset, jump into new languages as needed in short - welcome evolution with open arms. You enjoy working on rapid prototypes in your spare time. You go to tech meet-ups for fun, you like to chat geek with others. This role reports to the Director of Technology.
Technologies we use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Compute Engine
- Developing structured, tested, readable and maintainable NodeJS services written in ESNext/Typescript
- Contribute to and support high quality front-end (VueJS) applications
- Staying current with the latest best practices and contribute to the overall knowledge of the team
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Working with CI/CD, test-driven systems and agile methodologies
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time worked on each project
- Ensure your knowledge of web design and the wider digital industry is kept up-to-date and relevant
- Help refine and improve the end to end development processes
- Take ownership of your work and bring your own ideas and creativity to the table - We want someone who isn’t afraid to speak their mind!
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to take initiative
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Passion for writing reusable code and solving complex challenges
- Experience setting up continuous deployment and test-driven systems
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
- Expertise with cloud infrastructures such as GCP and/or AWS
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Go, PHP, Dino, etc.