$100K — $150K *
As a Full Stack Developer on Vanguard's Client Experience & Digital program, you'll work on a fully dedicated, cross-functional, co-located and durable team given the autonomy required to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within the context of client journeys. The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner.
Bring invention to investing
Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong organizational skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
Specializations that'll make an impact
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
6. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
7. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
8. Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
9. Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
10. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Valid through: 7/16/2020