We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer to help us design and build our product offering.
- Architecting and implementing fast, functional, mobile-friendly user interfaces that support the success of our Spoonflower technology;
- Defining and communicating best practices for web-based user interface engineering across the organization;
- Advocating for accessibility and usability while also pushing for design innovation;
- Considering every last detail of the user experience, from core functionality to subtle, delightful interactions and transitions;
- Drive changes within our services layer in support of improving user experience and performance;
- Continually improving the existing codebase;
- Monitoring quality, optimizing performance, and developing test coverage and methodologies for continuous code release;
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Experience coding in a modern back-end web framework; using RESTful web APIs and driving API improvements in support of better user experiences
- Knowledge of SEO best practice and microdata schemas
- Experience with responsive design and producing high fidelity front end experiences
- Experience with a variety of front-end automated testing strategies, from unit and integration testing to headless browser testing
- Distributed version control experience with GitSelf-directed and responsible for deliverables
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
- Passionate about continuously improving user experience and delivering customer value
- Able to have a strong impact while working independently or in a team
- Able to effectively mentor junior team members to help them unleash their full potential
- A quick learner who loves to explore new languages and frameworks
- An affinity for crafting or the DIY movement in general preferred.