This position will be involved in all aspects of the development process from start to finish: Websites, Facebook Apps, Landing Pages, Micro Sites and more. Prior ‘agency’ experience a must have! You need to be able to manage the end-to-end development process and follow our best practice guidelines. Must be able to work and communicate with other departments and be client facing in presentations and account meetings. Candidate must be energetic, enthusiastic and ready to stay current with emerging technologies in our fast-past environment.
* Signing bonus eligibility: Applicant must apply to Overdrive directly and not be using a recruiter. Signing bonus paid after the completion of three months employment and satisfactory performance.
- 4-6+ years of experience in overall architecture of web production
- You must have prior ‘agency’ experience
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle process and methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Has thoughtful opinions and can lead a technical conversation with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Burning desire to push the envelope and continually improve the process and ability of all team members.
- Comes from a creative/design background and can work brainstorm potential applications with the creative department
- Perform the role of the primary or lead developer on multiple projects simultaneously, reliably meeting deadlines and delivering fully functional web projects
- Ability to lead a project from a development and technical perspective, helping drive deliverables to the finish line on time and on budget.
- Passion to learn, explore and encourage the development team to utilize new web platforms, emerging standards, tools and best practices
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications and code integrity and organization
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop
Required Job Skills
- Highly Proficient in PHP programming language – ASP/ASP .NET a plus
- Proven ability to debug code (No WYSIWYG Editor).
- In-depth understanding of cross browser issues and W3C standards
- Ability to convert Photoshop files into fully functional web pages
- Understanding of relational database systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle etc.
- Experience of open source CMS systems such as WordPress
- Proficient in Database management (MySQL, NoSQL and/or PostgresSQL)
- Proficient in web application performance
- Proficient in web application security
- Proficient with DevOps tools such as Git
- APIs, User Authentication, caching concepts, the HTTP protocol RESTful
- Proficient in interfacing with 3rd party applications, API and SAAS/PASS providers
- Familiar with Hybrid-Native or Native application development
- Knowledgeable of web accessibility guidelines and accessibility implementation
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other related analytics platforms
- Knowledgeable of online marketing metrics for websites, email, social media, paid media, PPC and SEO.
- Respond timely with Account Teams and Creative to support clients and suggest viable solutions to client requests and provide accurate software development estimates
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Health and Dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Industry training
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care discounts
- Free healthy snacks
- Fun parties and office culture