To provide senior leveldesign, development, and implementation of APIs in a cloud-based micro-servicesarchitecture.
Enterprise Advice is seeking highly motivated and talented developers to build an ecosystem of advice services that can help investors across the globe meet their financial goals. Are you looking for a job that will have a direct impact on one of Vanguard’s six strategic areas of focus? Do you get excited by the thought of developing high quality software thinking API first? Will an opportunity practicing Fast IT building and deploying all of your software in an AWS cloud environment help you develop new skills to move your career forward? If so, please consider applying for this senior developer position in Enterprise Advice.
Ideal Technical Background
- Experience with developing Java REST services – Spring, Jersey
- Experience with API management platforms would be a plus – Apigee, Layer7
- Knowledge of API resiliency and cloud-based development/engineering best practices
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks – mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Knowledge of API Economy and monetization concepts and use cases
- Knowledge of cloud-based data stores – Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS; experience migrating data from legacy repositories to cloud data architecture
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines – Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior-level expertise in an initiative to build or re-platform select business services as APIs for internal and external consumption
- Designs, builds, and maintains APIs in a cloud-based micro-services architecture. Re-platforms existing applications to API, cloud, and micro-services architecture with minimal impact to consuming applications.
- Collaborates with other functions (architecture, business, etc.) to optimize API development and governance processes
- Evangelizes best practices for API design and development across project teams
- Provides leadership and guidance to a team on developing solutions that integrate with existing IT systems to satisfy business needs
- Develops automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using TDD methodology
- Implements instrumentation for monitoring product health, business metrics, and consumption patterns
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
- Undergraduatedegree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5+ years software engineering experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following software engineering practices and concepts:
*Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
*Test/Quality assurance methodology
*Systems analysis and design techniques.
*Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.