Senior Full StackDeveloper - (SHA00000474)
The Senior Full Stack Developer will design and build the next generation web and mobile applications and will be responsible for the overall web application framework, development tools, user experience, deployment and testing strategy. In this role, the Senior Full Stack Developer will work closely with project stakeholders to gather requirements and understand their needs, conceptualize, as well as facilitate discussions and design sessions to create innovative and user friendly products. This position reports to the Director, Applications Integration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and build core frameworks on Node.JS, shared services, NPM packages, and RESTful APIs.
- Translates complex requirements into an easy to understand user experience by following the user-centered design process.
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies.
- Create prototypes and wireframes.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex, high performance, and adaptive web applications.
- Consistently follow and continue to help improve processes including source control, deployment and issue tracking.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, stakeholders, executives, and end-users to bring the concepts to life.
- Build scalable solutions to improve the user experience.
- Document and build unit tests for the code.
- Document and follow best design and development practices
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high quality code.
- Integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components.
- Identify and assist in mitigating project risks: technical, schedule and otherwise.
- Investigate technologies that can be leveraged in various product implementations.
- Work with stakeholders during the requirement gathering and acceptance testing process.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- BS/MS in computer science/engineering, or relevant engineering discipline/experiencepreferred.
- 5+ years of experience in building customer facing cloud-based solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in product development using NodeJS required.
- 3+ years of experience with AngularJS, MEAN stack and other frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL Database.
- Knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns and core java coding principles.
- Experience developing web applications (Spring MVC, RESTful, JAX-WS, Web Services).
- Experience with PhoneGap / Cordova is a plus.
- Experience designing user experiences for business or web applications, an excellent understanding of UX strategies and principles.
- Experience using D3JS or similar data visualization too.
- Solid understanding of web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON.
- Experience using Bootstrap or similar responsive framework.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Familiar with development tools such as cross-compilation, source revision control (GIT), bug tracking (JIRA), and JTAG debuggers.
- Experience using build tools like Grunt or Gulp.
- Exposure to relational databases is a plus.
- Evaluate and advocate the use of various Open Source technologies and third party solutions.
- Goal driven, highly motivated, with a desire to take the lead.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a projects-based, team environment.
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 Medical Plans
- Dental and Vision plans
- Company paid basic life/AD&D insurance
- Supplemental life/AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- Voluntary short term disability
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary term life, critical illness and accident insurance policies
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Scholarship award
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay