Eventbase is on a mission to reinvent events. As we enter an exciting new world of hybrid events, we will be on the front lines empowering organizers to create exceptional experiences for both in-person and online attendees.
We're looking for a talented out of the box thinker to join our Full Stack team to help us create the next generation of event platforms. You will work with a team of developers including frontend, backend and mobile. You will help these teams to build, maintain, test, deploy, and scale our existing infrastructure, in addition to new initiatives that our product team seeks to create in 2021, all while helping our Full Stack team grow. Mentorship and sharing your knowledge with your fellow colleagues across the organization will be an important focus.
Your experience will help us to create new web experiences to complement our native mobile app solution for some of the biggest and exciting events in the world!
Winner of “Best Event App” at the 2020 Event Technology Awards, Eventbase has been recognized with more awards than any other event app platform.
Eventbase has set the gold standard for mobile event technology for more than a decade. We power event apps for global brands including IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Adobe, SAP and Charles Schwab. We also build official mobile apps for massive events including SXSW, CES, Cannes Lions, Comic-Con International and Sundance Film Festival, as well as three Olympic Games.
Our team is pioneering the next generation of event technology and working with our partners to create the best-of-breed suite to power seamless event experiences for virtual, physical and hybrid events.
Are you ready to join the best?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the team enhance our web offering cross-platform focusing on our React web application, while continuously improving usability, security and accessibility
- Advise on user experience and interface as an expert developer
- Contribute to architectural direction and decision making
- Code review and mentoring across both front and back end
- Work with QA, backend, frontend, mobile, product and devops teams
- Attend cross-functional meetings, scrum and standupsIntegrate with 3rd party APIs
WHO YOU ARE
- You love what you do and have a strong desire to continuously improve and create new things
- You have many years of experience, and you wish to impart that knowledge and experience on others.
- You are a self starter and maintain your codebase, document as you go and are a firm proponent of unit testing your work.
- You feel comfortable in constantly changing, evolving environment
- You are a good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment
- You have empathy for users and are eager to discover and resolve their pain points
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5 years + in Full Stack Web Development
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent degree or experience
- High standards of security best practices across the platforms you work with, and knowledge of industry standards such as JWT/JWE, and authentication flows such as OAuth 2.0 w/ OIDC
- Experience with caching technologies such as Redis and Varnish
- Experience with containerization and technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Knowledge of Jenkins would be nice to have
- Understanding of the holistic nature of a highly scalable and available webapp, from frontend to backend, and understanding how it interacts with mobile apps and external services
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an exciting environment where change is the only constant
- Superb attention to detail
- Self-motivated Teammate with a “can-do” attitude
- A dream to work on the edge of creativity and learn new technologies