Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our R&D team within our epocrates division. Your job will be to contribute on a small full stack development team working directly with a product owner to continuously ship and deliver value to our users.
You will work with other teams to ensure a coherent, forward looking product features. You will work with product owners and user experience designers to design and build solutions. Ultimately your work will focus on improving corporate performance, product performance and clinical outcomes.
The Team: Our epocrates R&D team tackles a variety of complex challenges every day to ensure that our entire suite of products and tools are constantly evolving and improving to meet our users' needs. Our current tech stack includes native iOS/Android apps, web properties, a suite of in-house and third-party content publishing tools, and a commercial advertising platform. Our multi-disciplinary team of SMEs -- front and backend engineers, product management veterans, medical doctors and PharmDs, visual designers, UX researchers, data experts, and more -- all work together so that it's easy for health care providers to make excellent clinical decisions for their patients with epocrates.
- Write high quality code that is maintainable, testable, and readable
- Participate in code reviews
- Introduce design patterns into the codebase as required
- Proactively identify and propose new technologies that will benefit the software product
- Participate in agile planning and scrum ceremonies
- Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience building large scale web applications using NodeJS.
- Experience in these technologies would be great to have:
- deploying and maintaining services in public cloud like AWS/Azure.
- Knowledge of these technologies is also good to have:
- microservices architecture using docker
- RESTful APIs
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in downtown Austin, TX in the historic Seaholm Power Plant building.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.