At Interaxon, we develop engaging experiences using brain sensing technology. We are a passionate team of researchers, technical experts and scientists building the world’s leading science-based brain platform to empower personal transformation through human-centered innovation. Our Muse headbands are designed to make meditation easier and provide real-time audio and visual feedback on your meditative state through the Muse companion app.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Interaxon, you will be a key member of the software development team focused on architecting, developing, documenting and maintaining our web and cloud-based applications, infrastructure and third-party service integrations. This position will work closely with our business stakeholders, architects and data engineers to continuously evolve our mission critical web applications and data systems from end-to-end.
This is a hands on position that will see you both developing applications as well as assisting with the ongoing support of our cloud infrastructure. You will be collaborating with stakeholders across teams to ensure our applications and services are designed to support current business needs, while also being prepared to scale as our customer base and product offerings continue to grow.
- You stay on top of the technology stacks you work with, are interested in technologies that you do not, and are always excited to share what you learn.
- You love to learn almost as much as you love to share your knowledge.
- You can work independently with minimal oversight but deeply enjoy the process of collaborating with team members with a wide variety of skills and expertise.
- You are ready to jump in over your head but know when to ask for help.
- You believe that if you are not challenged from time to time, you are not able to fully grow both personally and professionally.
About our core technology stack:
- On the backend: Applications are primarily written in web frameworks such as Flask, for headless applications that drive REST APIs, and Ruby on Rails for more complicated, forms-based applications that work with highly related data.
- The core of our cloud systems run on Google Cloud Platform. Google App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, Cloud Datastore, Cloud SQL, Dataflow, BigQuery are just some of the services we use.
- We use Auth0 for identity management.
- Design, build, document and maintain scalable and distributed, full stack web applications from the frontend to the backend.
- Work directly with business stakeholders, architects and data engineers to thoroughly understand the company’s ongoing business needs and be able to translate those needs into practical, reliable, and efficient applications and services that power our business in the cloud.
- Participate on a team to help manage our cloud infrastructure, costs and third-party services, factoring scalability and cost management into the core of your application designs.
- Help empower fellow cloud team members through training, documentation and mentorship.
- Review code from others in a collaborative way. No stone goes unturned.
- Test your code, ensuring high coverage and shipping features that you are proud of.
- Share your opinion and experience in technical design sessions, developer processes and practices.
- Develop your craft as you learn something new and grow while on our team.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years of combined experience building enterprise-grade, highly trafficked server-side web applications and services in Python, Ruby and Node.js, with extensive experience using various web frameworks such as Flask, Ruby on Rails and Django.
- 3+ years of experience deploying and maintaining applications on cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS.
- Experience building RESTful APIs, leveraging OpenAPI.
- Experience using both SQL (Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Google Cloud Datastore) for the data persistent layer, having a solid understanding of different data design principles and trade-offs of both.
- Experience with Internationalization (I18n) for web applications as well as systems that provide localized content to mobile applications. Bonus points for experience with Content Management Systems.
- Have a solid understanding of monolithic, microservice and cloud native application technologies, with some experience deploying and supporting containerized applications using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Have a DevOps mindset, with a desire to expand your existing experience and knowledge of cloud platform tools and capabilities.
- Expert in Git.
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Experience with both frontend and backend testing platforms, writing and executing your own tests during development.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent professional experience.