At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress. What We Do
At Deepfield, a Nokia owned company, our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
While one of the key aspects of our product is the data, the way that data is presented and the workflows we provide play a big role in the ability of our customers to take action. That's where you come in. You'll work on a small team helping to create and bring to life the vision that we have for big data. With your strong passion for user experience, we can help alleviate and clarify the information challenges large amounts of data provide.
Our ideal candidate is a frontend developer who has at least three years of experience writing production-ready code for web products. We're looking for someone who can take an idea and run with it, turning it into something useful and beautiful. Job Duties
Qualifications Skill set requirements
- Write clean, modern, scalable, and maintainable code for our web application
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to architecture/design discussions
- Bachelors degree
- 5 to 10 years in Software/Computer Engineering
- Web programming and knowledge of browser standards
- Git, docker, and other Unix command tools
- Experiencing consuming/using RESTful APIs
- Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
- Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
- Experience with Python or C
- Experience maintaining a single website or product for more than one year
- Familiarity with D3, Highcharts, or other charting packages
- Experience writing automated tests (e.g. unit or integration tests)
- Familiarity with ES6 (ECMAscript 2015)
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
- A group of people that enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talk, outings...oh, and did we mention food?
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
- A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight