Do you feel the frontend fatigue? Of course not, you love it! We’re looking for a passionate Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team and build the next generation of Updater products.
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for the millions of households who move each year. Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. That’s why our platform is comprised of a suite of both business and consumer-facing apps: from a consumer-facing platform to a variety of products for real estate companies to an API and an Integrations Platform.
Our products are currently written in AngularJS, Angular (2+), ES2015+, and TypeScript, and we chose these tools thoughtfully because they were the best choice for our products at the time. However, we’re not dogmatic and evaluate new frameworks and our stack frequently. From architecture discussions to evaluating new tools and building out new features, you’ll have tremendous impact on the team.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll join a small team at Updater and be instrumental in building not only applications, but many of the products that will drive the business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build exceptional B2B and B2C applications
- Engage in architecture and infrastructure decisions for the product(s) you own
- Take responsibility for planning and execution of business-critical products
- Own the QA, operations, and performance of your product and features
What you have:
- 5+ years of frontend engineeringexperience, ideally building products from ideation to launch on a strong engineering team.
- Deep web domain experience. You understand the web ecosystem, you’re aware of new tools and technologies, and industry trends.
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. You have opinions about engineering processes, architecture, infrastructure, and tools, but understand there are often multiple valid ways to solve a problem.
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie lasertag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).