We are looking for brilliant software engineers who have a passion for consumer products and want to join an exceptional team that is changing the way people think about travel. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in creating the product from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Our APIs, internal services, and web app are at the core of our stable of software that’s reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and designers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel.
What you'll do
- Collaborate extensively with product management, design, and other engineers.
- Produce high-quality code, test it, collaboratively review it, ship it.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Proactively identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Understand key technical components and drive them forward in innovative ways.
- Provide architectural input to product-related decisions.
- Develop tools and utilities to diagnose (and fix!) performance problems.
- Design, build, and evaluate features in very short periods of time. Iterate. Repeat.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- 3+ years professional experience.
- Extensive experience in web, mobile, database, or systems programming.
- Experience shipping production code that scales.
- Experience with mobile development (Android, iPhone, or mobile-optimized web sites).
- Ability to clearly articulate complex technical and business issues to a wide variety of audiences.
- A critical eye for design and usability.
- Ability to take a task and deliver on it.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Previous start-up experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with React, Redux, or ES6 is also a strong plus.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment of your choice
- Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, generous parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
- Engineering education allowance every month