About the role:
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to design and implement frontend technologies that will enable Cruise to build self-driving cars with judgement equal to or greater than human intuition. You'll build data visualizations, portals, dashboards and displays that represent the terabytes of data coming in from our cars everyday. These tools will allow us to build the infrastructure for the next evolution in transportation.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and implement frontend architectures to create user interfaces that reduce the chance for operator errors.
- Design and build user interfaces that minimize the response time from Cruise to the vehicle.
- Build frontends to provide operational insight into real-time data.
- Build a platform that is intuitive to use and new features that are easy to learn.
- Drive best practices in our React & Redux based applications.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- At least 5+ years of experience building modern frontends using React, Redux, WebGL and similar libraries.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Experience working with backend REST APIs and websockets.
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Experience building interactive tools that are core to people's daily work.
- Experience with Three.js or related technologies.
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station