What You’ll Do
We are looking for a frontend engineer who will help build new ecosystems around our tremendously successful core of robotics-inspired IoT products. You’ll create new applications and build infrastructure that enables new interactive experiences for our customers. You will also help maintain and monitor some of our existing systems. On a daily basis, you’ll carry out some of the various engineering tasks as listed below:
- Work with product and design teams to add new features and screens to existing applications that allow customers to manage and interact with Owl Labs’ hardware products.
- Build out and implement a component library based on our UX team's design system so customers have a consistent experience.
- Create new applications that run on our hardware platforms that interact with both the underlying hardware and our Cloud endpoints, as well as third-party endpoints.
- Build new integrations with third-party vendors (e.g. Slack, Zoom, GCal).
- Automate our infrastructure and delivery pipelines. Create tooling so we can all work faster.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, et al. or a great portfolio of web-based applications.
- 5+ years experience creating frontends for non-trivial applications.
- Experience interfacing with NodeJS, rpc patterns, and JSON output.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL data stores.
- Appreciation for building applications that show empathy for the customers using them, and the other developers who work with it.
- Ability to design and build from scratch.
- Skilled at jumping into an existing code base and building on top of it.
- Desire and ability to stretch beyond the environments, frameworks, and stacks that you’re already most comfortable with.
- Proactive and clear communication abilities.
- Appreciation for documentation.
- You are a maker. You do what it takes to ship and iterate on what you learn.
The best candidates will have:
- 5+ years experience creating non-trivial platforms on AWS (or comparable cloud).
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with Electron and NodeJS.
- Mobile development experience (Android and/or iOS).
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role is a Boston-based position, though our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19. Our return to the office is currently TBD.