Updater’s FinTech Division is the newest addition to and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Updater. Built to rethink how insurance companies communicate with their policyholders before, during, and after a move, the division builds products that help consumers transfer insurance policies during a stressful move, in just a few clicks. Imagine if you had that the last time you moved?!
The division will also pursue other FinTech opportunities to help streamline the moving process for our users.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll join the core engineering team in our FinTech Division and will be instrumental in designing and building our consumer-facing products, including evaluating new tools and setting the technology direction for those products, in collaboration with the team. We are looking for someone that is passionate about building simple and highly maintainable solutions for complex problems.
Our frontend systems are currently built using Vue.js, with ES2015+, and making use of emerging web-components standards such as custom elements and shadow DOM. We have no legacy systems (!) -- so we can use the best, latest technology to build solutions without being constrained by prior design choices or old technology.
While Updater’s headquarters are based in New York City, the Insurance Division is based in Charlottesville, Virginia, in a great area right between ACAC and Three Notch’d Brewery.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build exceptional B2B and B2C applications
- Engage in architecture and infrastructure decisions for the product(s) you own
- Take responsibility for planning and execution of business-critical products
What you have:
- 4+ years of frontend engineeringexperience, ideally building products from ideation to launch on a strong engineering team.
- Familiarity with emerging web components standards a plus
- Deep web domain experience. You understand the web ecosystem, you’re aware of (and love to learn about) new tools and technologies, and industry trends.
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. You have opinions about engineering processes, architecture, infrastructure, and tools, but understand there are often multiple valid ways to solve a problem.
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, and flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).