Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is building an AI-powered discovery and development platform to significantly expand the universe of medicines available for genetically-defined diseases. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry, and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe disorders of the liver, central nervous system, and eye.
Our drug development and discovery platform is growing rapidly, and we're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to lead the frontend design and development of its next generation. The platform is used extensively by our lab scientists, computational/ML scientists, and biologists to design, ingest, and analyze our ever-growing amount of experiments. In addition, our frontend needs are expanding rapidly as we scale, so there is a growing demand to build additional user-friendly and intuitive tools from the ground-up (e.g. in-house lab inventory management systems, data management solutions, etc).
- 5+ years of professional experience working on developing frontend applications
- Extensive experience with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Redux, TypeScript, and Bootstrap)
- Solid understanding of UX design principles with experience in designing simple and intuitive user interfaces
- Experience in leading the entire life cycle of web applications: from requirements gathering and UX design to choosing a tech stack, architecture design, and implementation
- A passion to use software and technology to radically advance drug development and improve healthcare
Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Experience in developing tools/applications for LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Experience with Python, service oriented architectures, cloud environments, docker, protocol buffers, and gRPC
- Experience with bioinformatics or genomic data (our scientists also enjoy helping with impromptu lessons and there are regular lectures on various biological mechanisms)
What we offer:
- Leading role in developing the future of drug development to cure genetically-defined diseases.
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth.
- A bright, collegial, highly-motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.