We're looking for a Senior Front Engineer to join our rapidly growing and diverse engineering team. We have a lot of exciting product and engineering work and seek candidates interested in building things the right way and owning the development of features for Curiosity streaming platforms.
- Develop features and improvements of Curiosity platforms in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- You'll help improve the overall experience of our product by improving the quality of the Frontend features both in your group and features that benefit other groups.
- Contribute to and follow our workflow process, alongside the rest of the Frontend Engineers and the Product team as a whole.
- 5 to 6 years of experience working as a Frontend Engineer.
- Comfortable with ES6, React Hooks, Context, and Responsive UI styling.
- Experience in Test Driven Development with tools like Jest, Enzyme.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and work autonomously.
- Can take ownership of work from scoping and estimates to delivery.
- Comfortable using git and Github.
- Knowledge of CS Fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
Would be a plus
- Experience with data/metrics collection, Knowledge of web accessibility best practices, and SEO Performance.
- Experience with NextJs, building hybrid react applications.
- Has acted as a mentor to other teammates or participated in peer code reviews.
- Experience with media-focused web-app (video playback, DRM, etc).