The Senior Front End developer is directly responsible for working with non-technical employees to translate business requirements into working web components/pages.
Stamps.com's Development team is responsible for client-side development and focuses on creating a positive user experience for potential and existing customers across multiple web properties. We are a motivated, innovative, and enthusiastic group who collaborates with product owners and designers to deliver high quality external facing websites and web applications while working in an agilescrum environment.
Founded in 1996, Stamps.com is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to over 700 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy™ and ShipWorks®. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 400 unique partner applications. Stamps.com is a high growth and highly profitable company with 2016 revenue of $364M and 2016 adjusted EBITDA of $174M. Stamps.com is located in the El Segundo area of Los Angeles at a striking corporate headquarters and is a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ market under the symbol STMP
This role is also responsible for...
- Converting design documents into working user interface with no loss in fidelity.
- Evaluate product designs to help refine requirements for a better user experience.
- Design and document code to ensure readability and maintainability.
- Work with the quality assurance team to determine test plans.
- Identify use cases for fully testing projects before release.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Six or more years of relevant Front End Development experience
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with code optimization and performance analysis
- Familiar with the scrum development methodology
- Familiar with C# and Microsoft technologies such as the .NET framework, SQL Server, and Azure
- Proficiency with responsive UI frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Proficiency with CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Proficiency with extracting requirements from design tools such as Photoshop or Zeplin
- Proficiency with web analytics solutions such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Proficiency with A/B testing platforms such as Adobe Target or Optimizely
- Proficiency with version control systems such as Perforce or Git
- Proficiency with cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Solid AJAX and DOM manipulation skills
- HTML5 & CSS3 expertise
- A strong understanding of optimizing content for the web
- Excellent understanding of web development best practices
- Proactive with the desire to learn and master new technologies
- A passion for writing clean, efficient code
- A strong attention to detail, especially as it applies to user interface design
- Team-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in peer code review
- Ability to manage changing priorities, solve unfamiliar problems, and meet deadlines