We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm architects the pervasive intelligence that is transforming our daily experience. Our chips and device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology that makes modern life possible. For the past 25 years, we have been at the forefront of innovation in collaboration with our partners and customers bringing ground-breaking technology to market. Arm-based chips are integrated into millions of devices annually.
Our vision is of increased purpose and meaning and we are growing to meet our vision of a secure, integrated and hyper-connected world.
Do you have a passion for building highly performant, flexible and reusable web applications and components? Can you make valuable contributions through simplification and automation?
Are you a good team-player who loves to create innovative solutions to complex problems. Do have a can-do attitude and are you always looking to take responsibility ownership of the quality to completion?
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Front-End UI Developer to support the further development of our Digital Web Platform and help deliver an exciting road map of projects. This opportunity will give you the chance to work with cutting-edge technologies such as React, Web component libraries, Webpack, Redux, etc.
You will be working with Creative and Marketing teams on a day to day basis, whilst liaising with the platform team to ensure designs meet an established set of principles and standards. This role offers an excellent opportunity to make a real impact and help shape a new development team.
WHAT WOULD GIVE YOU AN EDGE?
- You have deep knowledge of front-end application architecture, web components, re-usability and scalability
- Experience of task automation tools such as Gulp, Grunt and / or Webpack.
- Ensure quality of code base by writing tests and performing code reviews
- You have proven experience with good source-control practices (in Git) and accompanying tools like GitHub, GitLab, SourceTree or similar
- Experience in working in an Agile environments and Scrum framework
- Experience working with Rest APIs and/or Web Services
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You are passionate about UI / UX
- Good experience with Foundation and/or Bootstrap frameworks
- Experience of using and implementing TDD (Mocha, Karma or Jasmine)
- Experience of automation for cross-browser, cross devices, and cross platform testing
- You are proficient in Shell / PowerShell scripting
- Experience of Continuous Integration / deployment workflows and frameworks
- Knowledge of server-side development languages and frameworks (J2EE, Django, Node.js, etc.)
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
WE NOT I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
PASSION FOR PROGRESS
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
BE YOUR BRILLIANT SELF
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.