surance is hiring a Senior Front End Engineer to join our Technology team in our San Francisco, CA office. If you are looking for a Senior level front end engineer position, Esurance and the technology team would like the opportunity to speak with you. As the the Senior Front-end Engineer you will work on customer facing applications in collaboration with our UX designers and product teams. In this role you will build internal front-end framework and abstractions layers to streamline our development process, while building our customer applications using modern tools like React, Redux, ES6, Node.js and SASS.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Collaborate with UX Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of products
- Optimize application performance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor Engineers on Front End design and best practices
- Work in Agile environment across multiple teams to deliver company initiatives
- Develop and support internal (Agent facing) and external (Customer facing) front-end web applications.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX and Design, giving input on what is both intuitive and feasible
- Develop and optimize Omni-channel front-end UI to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser and cross device environments.
- Contribute to front end architectural improvements and create shared visual components that span our services.
- Translate epics, stories and requirements into technical tasks
- Clearly communicate status and open issues to team leads and managers
- Work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment to implement projects in a timely manner
- Create front-end coding standard and best practices.
- Prototype and develop new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Mentor and review the front end/UI code of developers.
- Provide technical leadership within the development team
- Work effectively within a team environment to implement projects in a timely manner
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- Strong understanding, building and debugging of scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind.
- 2+ years of experience developing in React/Redux or single page applications (SPA)
- Experience with SASS and ECMAScript g. ES6 or similar.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with consuming API
- Experience with test frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha, Chai.
- Experience with GIT, Bitbucket and Jira.
- Experience with HTML/CSS, JQuery
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience working in cloud environments