Senior Front-End Engineer (Bellevue, WA)
The New York Times describes Thunder as "an ad engine to put Mad Men out of business." We're changing how digital ads are created, personalized, and optimized with our intelligent Creative Management Platform
Why is Front-End Engineering important to Thunder?
Thunder has built the very first Creative Management Platform. We often push the limits of what can be done in a browser. We have wowed some of our biggest clients with the technology that we have created. Thousands of users interact with our platform every day and we strive to make that interaction as seamless as possible. The face of our entire operation is built by our talented and dedicated Front-End Engineers.
What does a Front-End Engineer do?
What is something you might work on?
We have some pretty big projects in the pipeline. Some of them are internal and some are external. There are a couple we are very excited about.
- Building an interface and experience for creating ads with custom, user-defined animations
- Creating a real-time, collaborative process for editing ads
What are other important traits and focuses?
- Writing testable and tested code
- Enjoys code review
- Continuous Learning and Teaching
- Automating Everything
- Strong opinions, weakly held
- Promote best practices and coding standards
- Strong focus on correctness, simplicity and maintainability