Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Our goal is to enable data scientists to prepare and visualize data, data engineers to create data pipelines to load their data and business analysts to easily gain insight. The out-of-the-box user experience provides an onboarding experience for a new customer to get started with Snowflake while the administrative experience allows for securing, managing and monitoring the infrastructure.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineerwho can join our efforts in continuing to lead the industry in ease-of-use and customer delight.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Development of new compelling customer experiences which fulfill the Snowflake mission and build the platform for the development of UI capabilities.
- Collaborate with design, product management and other software engineers to deliver customer facing features.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues, make complex areas easily accessible to customers, drive the team roadmap and make product trade-offs.
Our ideal Senior Front-End Engineer will have:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Full-stack or front-end experience delivering product features in a Consumer or Enterprise SaaS company.
- Familiarity with modern UI frameworks like React preferred.
- Understanding of modern web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance and scale.
- Experience in technical leadership or people management a plus.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.