SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 35 million users and growing fast. We use our patent-pending financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been featured in more than 50 publications, including the New York Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.
SmartAsset is looking for a hands-on, experienced, Front End Developer to join our NYC-based technology team. You will be responsible for a wide range of challenging tasks, working on various front-end aspects of our product, user-interactivity, our mobile app, and various infographics. You will be leading and coordinating the work of a small technology team and working with our product organization to determine goals and requirements.
- 8+ years professional front-end development experience
- Lead team of 3-5 engineers focused on a particular product or specific project initiatives.
- Clear understanding of browser differences and quirks
- Excellent design skills and a keen eye for detail
- Good working experience with backend languages (such as Java, PHP, Python, C#)
- Ideally some design or computer-science background
- Excellent communication skills required
- Work with our in-house design team to develop our user-facing applications
- Develop highly interactive, clean user-interfaces
- Optimize our front-end code for performance, compatibility and seamless interaction
- Track tasks and issues, fix bugs and optimize as needed
- Re-engineer and optimize code for performance and scale
- Highly competitive compensation (salary and equity)
- Medical & dental insurance
- Three catered lunches per week