A Senior Front-End Engineer at Chegg is someone that makes an immediate impact on millions of our student customers. This is a rare opportunity to join Chegg Study Engineering team and help millions of students with your knowledge and expertise. You will be closely working with Data Science, Design, Back-end and Product teams. You will be providing technical guidance to other junior front-end engineers in the team and contributing to the team.
- 5+ years of experience building high-quality, secure presentation layers for high visibility websites.
- Hands on experience in building applications and services using Node.js, PHP, Backbone, React/Redux etc.
- Strong experience in implementing complex UIs that leverage RESTful JSON and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Skills and qualifications:
- Ability to weigh the costs of, and advocate for, either maintaining internal libraries versus using off-the-shelf solutions or open-source libraries.
- High attention towards performance optimizations, system scalability, availability and site stability.
- Expert in designing modular UI components.
- Experience in AWS and cloud infrastructure (Docker, ECS, Containers etc.)
- Opinion on responsive design techniques, progressive enhancement, and experience driving these techniques in a large team.
- High attention to detail in maintaining design integrity throughout the Agile/Kanban development lifecycle.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills for interacting persuasively with product/design/business stakeholders.