Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Front-end Engineer for North America, you will join a lean team of Engineers servicing the North American player experience. Riot Software Engineers bring expert-level knowledge of specific technical areas and a broad knowledge across a wide range of domains. We value people who are not constrained to particular technologies and are eager to learn new things to overcome anything that stands in the way of delivering value to players. We want to work with candidates who are interested in joining Riot to identify the area and team where they can have the biggest impact.
You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, you'll have a laser focus on leveling up the experience for players in Canada and the United States.
- A Hardcore gamer whose passion helps stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to player’s experiences
- Agile and flexible: You know how to work in an Agile work environment, and how to use Agile methods to develop software. You can manage multiple projects at the same time and know how to prioritize your own work.
- Strong communication skills: You understand for a lean, mean team, Communication is king. You provide visibility to stakeholders and can speak in a way that they understand where you are in the process.
- Work with Riot Creative Directors to bridge the gap between experience design and its implementation taking an active role in defining how the application looks and works
- Write code to turn creative designs into interactive and responsive experiences for use across platforms, devices, and browsers
- Collaborate with Backend engineers and Product Management to help shape web-based applications with rich UI
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated QA test suites such as Cypress.io
- Apply Responsive Design, Wireframe, and UI prototyping to design the most satisfying user experience