The Senior Front End Engineer will provide technical support and expertise and lead the creation of new features and web applications for our extremely high traffic consumer facing web application.
This includes providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of front end user interfaces to the business opportunities facing our company.
You'll use your experience to solve complex issues while leading, mentoring, and motivating your Junior and Mid-Level Engineer team members.
We value brains, engagement, passion, and a ‘no excuses’ attitude. Since we’re focused on delivering value to our client base quickly, we iterate fast and release often. We use an agile-like methodology that balances our need for quick turn-around with the knowledge that doing things right the first time pays big dividends.We take the long-view of product development and are excited to build-to-last so you write clean, clear code that others can understand and is scalable, object oriented, and commented.
• User Interface.
• Interact with product managers to define and develop new products, features, and enhancements.
• Build mockups and prototypes to communicate and refine product/feature concepts.
• Contribute scalable, production-ready code for user-facing features.
• Develop reusable application components.
• Promote best practices for web user experience.
• Optimization and Design.
• Recommend improvements to the user experience through changes in infrastructure, server optimization, product interface, practices, and policy.
• Manage Load Times.
• Collaboratively work with development team to spec out new features to improve optimizations.
• Global Applications including language and currency features.
• Eight-plus years experience in Web Development.
• Five-plus years experience working in jQuery.
• Knowledge and expertise of Object Oriented Programming.
• Knowledge and expertise of Building Applications.
• Experience with PHP, MySQL a plus.