NerdWallet’s mission is provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. We do this by building rich, interactive experiences that make it easy to expertly pay off debt, choose the best financial products and services (think credit cards and insurance) and tackle major life goals, like buying a house and saving for retirement.
We’re looking for an engineer to join our Front-end Infrastructure team and help build the underlying technology and infrastructure that enables teams to build, iterate, and deliver high quality products quickly. This role will be primarily focused on design systems. You will work closely with designers and engineers to build the system that underscores our rich, interactive user experiences that help millions of people make financial decisions with confidence.
Where you can make an impact:
- Architect and lead the development of our internal design system.
- Create user experiences that will be leveraged by dozens of products and impact millions of users.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to build tools that improve their workflows and help build quality products.
- Work with technologies like React (both web and React Native) and the Sketch API.
- Contribute to open source technologies we use and open source new technologies we build.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building advanced web applications using JS/HTML/CSS.
- Strong understanding, building and debugging of scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. You should be able to demonstrate understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Experience with design systems, React, React Native, Sketch, Node are pluses.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.