A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
Our web stack uses NodeJS/Express, React+Redux, and Docker amongst many others. Our mobile stack uses a blend of Objective-C, Java and React Native for iOS and Android.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with teams in engineering, business development, and client services to deliver groundbreaking products for our clients.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and inbox.
- get up to speed on our web and mobile stack with overview sessions and deep dives with our team.
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- develop features in the web, mobile and service layer across many apps.
- share responsibility for several apps and shared components with your team.
- help to plan new features and architecture improvements.
- begin to mentor more junior members of the growing team.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- design significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
- own portions of our product suite and be responsible for reliability and scalability.
- be influential in the direction of the team’s technical roadmap, introducing new concepts and practices that improve the experience of our users and streamlines developerexperience.
- bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, and are accountable.
- We work urgently and thoughtfully and are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, and assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded and deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership