A Better opportunity
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Our tech team is small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We encourage proposals for projects off the beaten path, experimentation with different frameworks and libraries, and doing as you see fit to solve problems.
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need great front-end engineers to do it. Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As part of our tech team, you will play a key role in helping us create delightful experiences in a sound and scalable way.
We also offer above-market compensation and equity, as well as full benefits. Part-time remote is great with us, although we are looking for candidate who can spend some significant fraction of your time at our office in Soho, NYC.
Attributes we value
- Previously a Tech Lead, Architect, or Senior Engineer on a high profile commercial web product or platform
- Previously a senior contributor to a high ranked FE framework open source project (i.e. Ember, D3, Angular)
- You have keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- You have a good visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a huge bonus.
- You’re really detail-oriented. Like really detail-oriented.
- You’re obsessed with shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- You have great interpersonal skills and a willingness to go above and beyond when collaborating with designers and engineers.
- You have extensive experience with at least one of the following: Ember, React, D3, Backbone.
- You have some experience with Node.js.
- Bonus points if you have computer graphics, motion graphics, or mobileexperience.
- You can be a trusted partner to other engineers - everybody works on every part of the product.