We’re looking for a stellar, well-rounded Senior Front-End Developer to join our 60+ person engineering team and help lead the development of an innovative and high-quality online experience at Warby Parker. Want to work on a super collaborative team that’s big on continuous improvement? We might have the job for you.
What you’ll do:
- Own the design, development, and deployment of features for new online experiences
- Work cross-functionally with our design, product, and consumer insights teams to deliver a great user experience
- Build new features on top of our existing systems to help create and improve upon an amazing omnichannel environment
- Provide technical leadership and promote the adoption of new technologies and reusable components among our retail, e-commerce, and back-office-systems development teams
- Carefully consider design, architecture and quality, while continuously moving our product forward
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years of experience building customer-facing frontend applications
- A creative thinker who designs and develops with empathy for users
- Passionate about developing features from concept to deployment
- A team player who’s comfortable defining and advocating for best practices and processes
- A seasoned expert at building and deploying performant web applications at scale
- Experience with React.js (extra extra points for this!)
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Relational Database
- Experience with coaching and mentoring other engineers
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)