More information about this job
Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health Solutions we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiatingourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Build a High-Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by Connectingas one passionate high-energy team.
- Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
The Sr. Front-End Developer designs and develops Data Visualization applications with high-performance data widgets for websites or mobile devices. The Sr. Front-End Developer assesses UI, data, and data visualization requirements, driving the development of front-end controls and their integration within open source BI platforms (Qlik Sense and Tableau). The Sr. Front-End Developer ensures data visualization widgets allow our end-users to transform data to its most appropriate, concise, and readable visual representation, while keeping the theme and style of our product branding.
The role's focus is on the front-end development, with a deep understanding of back-end architecture and integration. When faced with something they don’t know, the Sr. Front-End Developer takes initiative to find answers and provide recommendations. They make decisions on frameworks and tools used in their projects with a heavy focus on rapid implementation, ability to consistently iterate, device compatibility, responsiveness, and the customer ‘wow’ experience.
The Sr. Front-End Developer demonstrates leadership, team collaboration and proactive individual contribution. In this position, the Sr. Front-End Developer collaborates with Health Data Services (HDS) Principals, Engagement Managers and BI Developers to drive product strategy and innovation. They will demonstrate proven experience in developing and deploying professional mobile solutions with excellent customer experience in both functionality and content delivery. Guiding a development team, establishing our web/mobile technology strategy, and creating a spirit of mobility, are fundamental accountabilities of this position.
Leveraging their experience in web project development, a Sr. Front-End Developer acts as a leader in sprint and release planning, testing approaches, and project schedule management by escalating and adjusting backlog items as determined by technical complexity and resource challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Ensure that deliverables are highly optimized for performance and usability across browsers and devices
•Develop frontend code that is responsive, fast, simple, platform agnostic (browser, OS, etc) and integrated with BI technology, and/or BI capabilities, in a syndicated or custom application
•Develop and/or customize applications provided as part of our Cloud/SaaS offering.
•Align web and mobile technologies with product strategy and requirements. This includes strategically aligning the development and deployment activities with the product roadmap, and advising when timelines should alter to accommodate scalable and compatible technical design
•Deliver quality products as per estimate & plan
•Keep on top of changes and trends in technology and how these impact existing solutions or product strategy. Recommend new technology, build proof-of-concepts, and present to leadership, driving innovation and excellent customer experience improving upon existing product solutions
•Promote and recommend best design practices for web and mobile application interface, driving ease-of-use and customer satisfaction
•Stay apprised of BI Platform capabilities and looks for opportunities to extend the platforms or access BI tool objects in web and/or mobile frameworks; drive innovative UI solutions compatible with our Qlik environment
•Work as part of an agile development team
•Use best practices in coding, standards, compatibility, performance, documentation and reviews
•Build or enhance custom objects, extensions and widgets for Integration into our open-source BI platforms (Qlik Sense & Tableau )
•Develop code that creates optimal data flow between application backend and the user-facing frontend, including highly interactive data visualizations and passing variables or customer selections within an application and/or across applications
•Extend or customize BI applications built in either Qlik or Tableau, utilizing their data engines when appropriate or other analytical engine integration
•Work collaboratively with HDS Principal, Engagement Managers and BI Developers to understand business requirements and user experience, participate and contribute to sprint and release planning.
•Collaborate with BI Developers to determine what APIs, Extensions, and Mashups, are available from the open source library; may contribute code examples to the open source library on Qlik Branch or leverage other libraries for applicable objects or solutions.
•Develop code and markups to work in the full range of browsers, from Chrome through Firefox to IE, and on a variety of mobile devices, from iPads to Android
•Design and code new features and enhancements across our web and/or mobile products
•Deliver high quality technical designs with high performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability
•Use Photoshop to create pixel-perfect HTML versions
•Create front-end unit testing plans and execute on them, including test with multiple browser versions (IE, FireFox, Safari, Chrome) and mobile device OS
•Implement tracking and optimization tools on user activities
•Keep up with forward-focused technology (CSS3, HTML5, responsive design, new API announcements, new CSS frameworks, etc.)
- BS degree in computer science or similar
- A minimum of 7years as a web developer for customer-facing web and/or mobile applications
- Experience with modular and responsive web design, charting and BI reporting
- Able to manage and exploit any API (Facebook, Google, etc)
- Experience working with Angular.js, Node.js, Backbone.js, or Knockout.js
- Experience with jQuery
- Experience in visualization frameworks such as D3, Highcharts, and Google Charts
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Understanding of HTTP/S and web-based application architecture
- Experience writing frontend tests
- Experience with web socket technologies
- Experience with performance tuning, optimizing code, and real time monitoring solutions
- SaaS/Cloud experience (design and operational)
- Background in proven UI fundamentals, including experience using Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture
- Strong focus on user experience and unrelenting drive for quality
- Passionate, adaptable, flexible, independent and self-motivated individual who takes initiative and ownership of projects
- Highly communicative and collaborative; proven experience creating team success and an excellent customer experience
- iOS oriented; experience in developing Android native apps is a plus
- Apple Store, Google Play and Windows Store deployment
- Apple Enterprise deployment
- Experience with BI technologies (e.g. Qlikview, Qlik Sense, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience in using web services (SOAP/XML) and REST services (JSON/XML/SAML)
- SSO – single sign-on solutions
- Android NDK (C, C++)
- Native iOS development (XCode and data storage)
- iOS APIs
- Data Synchronization with Mobile Devices
- 10% or less travel will be required as part of this position; may visit Phoenix office on a quarterly basis